Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where I'm Supposed to Be

Do you ever have those moments when you feel like you’re right where you’re supposed to be?  When you feel so much peace inside, despite the chaos that might be surrounding you?  Those times when you don’t know why or what for- but you’re there. And it’s right.  
That happened tonight at Tuesday Night Dinner.  When I go to TND, I feel one of two things- encouraged or overwhelmed.  Often I get overwhelmed by the number of people, new faces and new names, but even more so by the 43 conversations that go something like this: Hey, what’s your name again?  What do you do? Are you from San Jose? Indiana? What?  What are you doing here? Oh, what do you do? Oh, you work for Apple? Surprise, Surprise.  
You see, I’m an intentional person.  I want my conversations and my relationships to have meaning and depth.  Yes, In a room of 40 people, I crave depth.  Because when I walk out those doors at 10:30p, I don’t want to leave feeling empty.
My closest TND friend, the one I often share a bean bag with for most of the evening catching up on life was gone tonight so I had to be a little more intentional about being social if I wasn’t going to leave empty- and it was beautiful.  None of my conversations were profound, but they were good.   I heard about my friend’s lives- Greg’s trip home to Fresno, Jeff's return from 2 years in El Salvador, Jordan’s family and where they’re at and his plans for the future...And I felt listened to, and loved, and cared for. That was exactly where I was supposed to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment